Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thoughts upon rain drops

The last few days of summer and the first two of fall were sunny ones. Today the Osage Cuestas dust has turned to mud. I'm not complaining.

It is one of those days that makes songs like "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" emerge in whistled, tortured forms. B.J. Thomas, Hal David, and Burt Bacharach generate no royalities in the shower or under tin roofs.
B.J., Hugo, Okla., native, sang,

"Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free.
Nothin's worryin' me."

Rain doesn't defeat B.J. Thomas. Aqua Net® Professional Hair Spray sheds water fairly well. Anyhow, the sun is coming back tomorrow. We'll have a crop of various wild sunflowers until the frost hits. Allergy suffers like the change frost brings.

No comments: