Thursday, April 16, 2009

Save your ... copper.

"If I were to place the earth upon a scale and balance it with a single copper coin; and if I were to become so great that I could not be contained, and if I were to control and lead all; and if I were to possess so much power within my mind that I could cause others to do my bidding--so what?"--a passage from the Adi Sri Guru Granth Sahib

The days when most wouldn't bother stooping to pick up a lowly, pre-1982 copper penny or to steal coppers off a dead man's eyes have passed. That's change for you, me and the Chinese, who have stopped buying U.S. Treasury securities. In fact, China's State Reserves Bureau is moving out of dollars and into industrial metals such as copper, which value has increased nearly 50 percent this year.

"China has woken up. The West is a black hole with all this money being printed. The Chinese are buying raw materials because it is a much better way to use their $1.9 trillion of reserves. They get ten times the impact, and can cover their infrastructure for 50 years."

The Atlas that is China is shrugging. The motors that move the world are filled with copper.

No comments: